In this recipe:
Variety Pack (6 Pack)
$37.99 CADViEW PRODUCT
Vegan Spinach & Mushroom Pasta
This vegan spinach & mushroom pasta is fast, easy, and totally delicious! It makes the perfect healthy, gluten-free weeknight meal.
This healthy vegan pasta recipe is full of flavor. We’ve got garlic, shallots, lemon, spinach, and pine nuts in here, among other tasty ingredients. Toasting the pine nuts gives them another dimension of flavor, and they also add some extra texture to this pasta dish.
This spinach mushroom pasta is also nice and filling. I used Chickapea’s pasta, which contains an impressive 27 grams of protein and 13 grams of fiber per 3.5 ounce serving. I like how it’s made with only 2 ingredients – organic chickpeas and lentils.
There are no added sugars or artificial ingredients, so you know that you’re doing something good for yourself and your family. And, as well as being gluten-free and vegan, Chickapea’s pasta is organic, kosher, and non-GMO. What does it taste like? Pasta, of course with a slight nutty flavor.
How to make vegan spinach and mushroom pasta
- Boil a large, salted pot of water for your pasta.
- Meanwhile, prep the sauce; start by toasting your pine nuts for a few minutes until they’re lightly browned. Take them out of the pan and set them aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the shallots and mushrooms in olive oil until the mushrooms have released most of their water. Add in the garlic, Italian seasoning, lemon juice, and veg broth. Let it simmer for a minute or two, then stir in the spinach. Toss with the drained pasta and top with the pine nuts. Easy, right?
This is a gluten-free pasta recipe, but I want to make a quick note that it is a good idea to read the labels of the Dijon mustard and vegetable broth; although in general these ingredients are safe, not all brands are gluten-free.
I sprinkled on a bit of nutritional yeast at the end. This step is totally optional, but it’s a nice vegan and gluten-free alternative to Parmesan cheese.
CHECK OUT MORE OF OUR VEGAN DISHES ON OUR RECIPE PAGE:
- Vegan Sun Dried Tomato Alfredo Pasta
- Bruschetta Pasta Salad
- Vegan One Pot Pasta with Creamy Tomato Sauce
You can find more of Salt and Lavender’s beautiful, healthy recipes on Facebook and Instagram. Thanks for this tasty dinner, Natasha – we love this flavor combo!
Check out more of our vegan dishes on our recipe page:
- 8 ounces Chickapea Pasta
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 7 ounces mushrooms, sliced. I used crimini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 dash Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1.5 cups baby spinach (packed)
- Fresh chopped parsley, to taste (optional)
- Nutritional yeast, to taste (optional)
Boil a large, salted pot of water for the pasta. Cook al dente according to package directions.
Add your pine nuts to a skillet over medium-high heat. Toast them for a few minutes, stirring often, and watching them closely so they don't burn. Remove pine nuts and set aside once they're toasted.
Add the olive oil to your skillet, along with the shallot and mushrooms. Sauté for 4-5 minutes or until the water has released from the mushrooms.
Add the garlic, Dijon mustard, Italian seasoning, lemon juice, and veggie broth to the pan. Let it bubble for a minute or two.
Stir in the spinach and let it wilt.
Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet. Toss. Give it a taste and season with salt & pepper as needed.