Thai Curry Noodles
Easy meal prep never gets old, but having a simple recipe that's nutrient-packed, vegan, and gluten-free makes it all the more appealing. This aromatic and flavourful dish is the perfect balance of healthy and rich to keep you feeling sustained without sacrificing taste. It is wonderful fresh but is great for leftovers too as the curry will thicken in the fridge.
Thai Curry Noodles
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Course: Dinner
- Cuisine: Thai
- Servings: 8
- 1 package of Chickapea spaghetti
- 1 white onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 cup butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 4 Tbsp red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp vegan fish sauce, (optional)
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk, (two 398 mL cans)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 lime, juice of
- Crushed peanuts
- Chopped cilantro
- In a large pot heat avocado oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic to the pot and sauté in oil until they begin to soften (approximately 5 minutes).
- Mix butternut squash, zucchini, sweet potato, red curry paste, ginger, brown sugar, vegan fish sauce, soy sauce, dried basil, salt, pepper, cumin, coconut milk, vegetable broth, peanut butter, and sriracha into the pot.
- Bring all ingredients in the pot to a boil over high heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously, then reduce the heat and let the flavours simmer together for 20 minutes.
- While the curry is cooking, Prepare Chickapea Spaghetti to package instructions (heat 16 cups of water in a large pot over high heat until boiling. Add pasta, decrease heat to maintain a gentle boil. Stir and cook pasta for 7 minutes).
- Drain and rinse the noodles.
- Plate the noodles or divide them into meal prep containers.
- After 20 minutes remove the Thai curry from the stove and mix lime juice into the pot.
- Pour the curry over the noodle servings and top with crushed peanuts and fresh cilantro.
- Prepared vegetable broth was used in this recipe.
- If you don’t like spice, omit the siracha from the recipe. Conversely, if you enjoy an extra kick add additional siracha to the garnish.
- Vegan fish sauce is most easily found online and ordered to your home, if you are unable to find it you can make your own or omit it from the recipe.
- This recipe contains peanuts. If preparing for a nut-free environment, try substituting Wow butter or tahini.