In this recipe:
Variety Pack (6 Pack)
$37.99 CADViEW PRODUCT
Greek Pasta Skillet with Burst Cherry Tomotoes
Greek Pasta Skillet with Burst Cherry Tomatoes is a high protein gluten-free meal that’s on the table in 25 minutes!
Marcie from Flavor the Moments has created another fabulous recipe! We love that Marcie’s teenagers are big fans of Chickapea and her beautiful dishes always make our pasta shine. Here’s Marcie:
I’m in denial that it’s August and I never want summer to end! If that sounds a cry of desperation, that’s because it is. My kids start school this week and I’m seeing pumpkin recipes on Pinterest.
Just so you know, you won’t see any recipes here until at least the second week of September. I just can’t.
Until then, I’m going to savor summer produce because that’s all I’ve got left. Ok, I realize I’m sounding a tad bit pathetic so let’s shift to a positive gear and discuss this new recipe!
This dish just makes me happy.
My garden is bursting with cherry tomatoes, so I felt compelled to create a dish packed with plenty of burst cherry tomatoes.
It makes perfect sense right?
I’m truly excited to share this recipe with you because it’s brimming with the Greek flavors that I love and it just screams summer. So perfect for your summer entertaining, and Labor Day is coming.
And it’s also made with one of my favorite products on the planet!
I fell head over heels for Chickapea Pasta after I tried it last fall. It’s become a pantry staple in my kitchen and I love preparing it in a variety of dishes, including this Grilled Vegetable Succotash Pasta Salad.
So what makes this pasta so special?
- It’s made with only 2 ingredients — chickpeas and lentils.
- There’s no added sugar and nothing artificial.
- It’s got a whopping 27 grams of protein and 13 grams of fiber per 3.5 oz. serving!
- It is also gluten-free, vegan, organic, kosher, and non-GMO, making it a healthy addition to any meal.
The best part is that it also tastes amazing. It’s got a hearty texture that I love and it tastes like pasta, the stuff you love and crave.
In a nutshell, Chickapea Pasta is a family favorite turned Superfood!
This Greek Pasta Skillet with Burst Cherry Tomatoes is a meal that I could live on for the rest of summer. It’s fresh, easy, and it’s on the table in about 25 minutes.
The “sauce” consists of the sweet juices from the cherry tomatoes, olive oil, a few tablespoons of kalamata olive brine for flavor, and some reserved pasta liquid.
It may sound simple, but it’s downright magical.
The reserved cooking liquid gives the pasta a silky creaminess, and I’m happy to report that it was just as delicious when I had leftovers for lunch the next 2 days.
Another thing to be happy about is this Giveaway we’re doing this month! We’ve got everything you need to make the best pasta dish for your family!
The giveaway includes:
- 1 case of Chickapea Pasta (2 spirals, 2 shells, 2 penne)
- 1 case of Uncle Steve’s organic pasta sauce
- 1 gorgeous pasta bowl from Dotti Potts Studio and Gallery
- 3 organic artisan oils from Capizzano Olive Oils and Vinegars
- 1 box Chickapea Pasta shells
- 3 tbsp 45 mL extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups 336 grams cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup 84 grams pitted kalamata olives, halved, plus 2 tablespoons of olive brine
- 15 ounce can 420 grams cannelini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp 15 mL freshly chopped oregano or 1 tsp dried
- 1/2 cup 84 grams crumbled feta cheese
- 15 mL freshly chopped oregano or parsley, for garnish
Fill a large saucepan with water, cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook Chickapea Pasta according to package instructions and reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes or until slightly softened.
Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, and cherry tomatoes along with a pinch of salt. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the cherry tomatoes burst.
Add the kalamata olives, brine, beans, and oregano and cook for 5 minutes longer.
Add the Chickapea Pasta and 1/4 - 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking liquid and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Top with crumbled feta and oregano or parsley. Serve and enjoy!
- This recipe works with any variety of Chickapea Pasta!
- Make this recipe vegan by omitting the feta cheese.
- I used all of the reserved cooking liquid from the pasta and it gave the dish a silky, creamy texture.
- This recipe makes great leftovers!
Don’t Forget to Pin It!