In this recipe:
Vegan Mac (6 Pack)
$35.99 CADViEW PRODUCT
Buffalo Cauliflower Vegan Mac Dip
Are you looking for a decadent, out-of-this-world delicious treat to take to potlucks, Super Bowl parties and casual get-togethers? This dish will have your party guests crowded around the table until nothing is left. While the Chickapea Vegan Mac adds protein and helps fill you up, this recipe is a treat and is best suited to informal gatherings not as a meal. It is gluten-free, nut-free and vegan.
Buffalo Cauliflower Vegan Mac Dip
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Course: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- Servings: 8 people
- 1 package of Chickapea Vegan Mac
- ¾ cup oat milk
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter
- 1 Large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp oat milk
- ½ cup 1-1 gluten-free flour blend
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs, crushed
- ¾ cup buffalo sauce
- ¾ cup Frank’s RedHot sauce, original
- 1/3 cup vegan butter spread
- ½ cup vegan cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 420°F.
- Wash and dry cauliflower florets.
- Place florets in a large bowl.
- Toss florets in 3 Tbsp avocado oil and 1 Tbsp of oat milk.
- In a separate bowl, mix gluten-free flour blend, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, and crushed gluten-free bread crumbs together.
- Dip each floret into the flour mixture and place on a parchment-lined baking tray.
- Continue until all cauliflower florets have been coated.
- Bake florets in the oven for 30 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking, prepare Chickapea Vegan Mac (heat 8 cups of water in a large pot over high heat until boiling. Add pasta, decrease heat to maintain a gentle boil. Stir and cook pasta for 5 minutes).
- Drain and rinse the pasta with warm water and add it back to the pot.
- Mix the contents of the vegan mac seasoning package, vegan butter, and plant-based oat milk, into the pasta until combined. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan melt vegan butter over a low temperature.
- Mix Franks RedHot original sauce and the buffalo sauce of your choice into the vegan butter.
- Stir until well combined.
- Remove the cooked cauliflower from the oven.
- One at a time, dip the cooked cauliflower florets into the vegan butter mixture, coat well and return to the baking tray. Reserve unused butter sauce.
- Return the cauliflower to the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Press Chickapea Vegan Mac into the base of an oven-safe dish and flatten with the back of a spoon until level.
- Pour the unused butter sauce evenly over the Chickapea Vegan Mac and allow it to absorb into the pasta.
- Using a small spoon, add dollops of the vegan cream cheese as evenly as possible over top the Vegan Mac dish.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and allow to cool slightly until warm.
- Using a fork and knife, pull the cauliflower apart into small chewable pieces.
- Top the vegan mac and cream cheese layers with a generous amount of the cooked cauliflower, covering the bottom layers completely.
- Return the entire dish to the oven and bake until the vegan cream cheese melts, roughly 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips and enjoy!
- This recipe can be served warm or at room temperature, not cold.
- Tofutti cream cheese was used in the recipe.
- Bob’s Red Mill 1-1 gluten-free flour blend was the flour of choice in this dish.
- Often gluten-free bread crumbs are quite large. If this is the case, crush or pulse the bread crumbs in a small food processor until they are a finer grainy texture.
- This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled for larger groups.