In this recipe:
Linguine (6 Pack)
$35.99 CADViEW PRODUCT
Asian Summer Noodle Bowl with Peanut Dressing
This Asian Summer Noodle Bowl is fantastic is an all-time favourite that is requested time and time again, served hot or cold. Tired of hot meals on even hotter nights? This dish and can be made ahead and stored in the fridge to become a cool summer salad.
The combination of flavours with the protein packed pasta make it a recipe that is both scrumptious and nutritious. It is fully gluten-free, vegan and very easy to make for a fast summertime meal served any way you like it.
1 Package Chickapea Linguine
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 cup baby carrots, julienned
1 cup snap peas, julienned
2 tsp white sesame seeds
2 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
Peanut Sauce Ingredients:
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
¼ cup avocado oil
3 Tbsp crunchy natural peanut butter
2 Tbsp tamari, gluten free
1 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
2 cups edamame beans, cooked and shelled
1 avocado, sliced
1 lime, cut into wedges
- Prepare Chickapea Linguine: Bring 4 litres (16 cups) of salted to a boil. Add pasta; decrease heat to maintain a gentle boil. Stir and cook pasta for 6-8 minutes or to desired consistency is reached.
- While the pasta is cooking, mix together the peanut sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add sesame oil to a non-stick frying pan and warm over medium heat.
- Add the carrots, snap peas, sesame seeds, ginger and garlic to the frying pan.
- Cook the mixture in the frying pan for 10 minutes keeping it moving to avoid burning.
- Drain pasta and add to frying pan.
- Pour the peanut sauce over the contents of the pan and mix well, cooking for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Divide the pasta between two bowls and top with edamame, avocado and lime wedges
- Serve while hot or refrigerate for the next day
- While delicious right away, this recipe is even better served cold the next day. Make it in advance and keep it covered in the fridge for up to two days.
- The recipe is for two dinner sized portions, but can easily be served as a side dish for 4-6 adults
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
If you make this share with us and your friends on Instagram and Facebook. Tag @ChickapeaPasta. We love to see your creations too!