5 Ingredients. One Pot Pasta Dinner
This 5 Ingredient, 1 Pot Pasta Dinner is a game changer for your busy weeknights. Filled with sun-dried tomatoes, arugula, pine nuts and lemon zest, this healthy dish will be on the table in just 20 minutes. And you can serve it as a vegetarian meal or use the options to make it heartier for the meat eaters in your family.
Robyn from Simply Fresh Dinners is here to share her Chickapea recipe of the month with you today:
With the return of school days fast approaching, it’s time to do some meal planning! What’s that you say? Who has time to plan? I hate to break it to you but if you want to truly save time, you have to take a few minutes to seriously PLAN! It will save your sanity and a ton of time in the long run. I promise.
In this case though, I’ve done the planning for you so all you have to do is shop. I’d love to do that for you too but here’s a secret – I don’t like shopping! If I’m at the farmer’s market, I can spend all day there but your typical, every day grocery store? Nope, I’m in and out in a hurry. Hence, the five ingredients – ha! And I ALWAYS have Chickapea Pasta on hand to make life easier.
This easy pasta deliciousness packs a punch in the flavour department and best thing is, there are a ton of ways you can change it up. Just take a peek at my recipe notes to see how to make it work best for your family. Don’t you just love 1 pot pasta dinners? Let’s uncomplicate life while still keeping it healthy!
Here I added a little bit of chicken sausage and it pairs perfectly with those flavours. I loved this meal because the touch of nuttiness in Chickapea pasta gives the dish that comfort food flavour.
What are some of your go-to recipes for the busy school year? Share them with us on Instagram so we can see what you’re up to in your kitchen. Use the hashtag #chickapeapasta. Cheers!
More 1 Pot Pasta recipes perfect for your busy weeknight meal planning:
- 8 ounces Chickapea Pasta Penne
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 large handfuls of fresh baby arugula
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
Cook pasta al dente, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water before and drain.
Return pasta to pot and immediately add goat cheese; stirring gently until goat cheese is melted and coating penne. If it appears too thick, add reserved pasta water a couple of tablespoons at a time until it reaches desired consistency.
Add the sun-dried tomatoes, arugula, pine nuts and lemon zest. Toss to combine. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
So many variations can be made with this recipe! For example:
- For the meat lovers you can add chicken, chicken sausage, bacon, or pancetta.
- If the taste of sun-dried tomatoes is too strong for your little ones, use cherry or grape tomatoes.
- Likewise for the arugula, any green will do - spinach, escarole or watercress.
- If you want to change up the goat cheese you can mix a small amount of the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes jar with lemon zest, and chopped parsley adding the goat cheese and mashing it well before tossing it with the hot pasta.
- Roasted red peppers and garlic would also be a nice addition.
- Top it with Parmigiano-Reggiano if you need more cheese.
- Pine nuts are expensive so use what you have on hand. Walnuts and almonds would be equally tasty.
Oh, before you go, Chickapea Pasta is running another great GIVEAWAY this month and you’ll want to get in on the action. I love this giveaway because it has everything you need for a perfect pasta dinner!
The giveaway includes:
- 1 case of Chickapea Pasta (2 spirals, 2 shells, 2 penne)
- 1 case of Uncle Steve’s organic pasta sauce
- 1 gorgeous pasta bowl from Dotti Potts Studio and Gallery
- 3 organic artisan oils from Capizzano Olive Oils and Vinegars