In this recipe:
Variety Pack (6 Pack)
$37.99 CADViEW PRODUCT
Maple Spiral Chili
This delicious and healthy chili will become a favourite in your household for years to come. Interested in meal prep or cooking a simple meal for a large group on a cool night? This recipe is suitable for a variety of purposes and is so versatile it will have you coming back again and again. It is a gluten-free, vegan, nut-free recipe made entirely in one pot and enjoyable straight away warm or coveted as leftovers.
Maple Spiral Chilli
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Course: Dinner
- Cuisine: Canadian
- Servings: 8
- 1 package of Chickapea Spirals
- 1 white onion, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 3 cups canned crushed/chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups maple beans
- 1 can of kidney beans, (398 mL)
- 1 can of black beans, (398 mL)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- In a large pot heat 2 Tbsp of avocado oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and celery to the pot and sauté in oil until they begin to brown.
- Mix crushed tomatoes, maple beans, kidney beans, black beans, salt, chili powder and pepper into the pot.
- Bring all ingredients in the pot to a boil over high heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously, then reduce the temperature to medium heat and let the flavours simmer together for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes add the vegetable broth and Chickapea spirals to the pot.
- Stir well and cook on medium heat until the noodles soften, (about 12-15 minutes).
- Remove the pot from the heat once noodles are soft and serve warm with favourite gluten-free bread.
- Prepared vegetable broth was used in this recipe.
- It is important to add the vegetable broth at the end to dissolve the starch from the noodles and help them cook evenly.
- Check all bean packages to make sure they are vegan and gluten-free.
- If you're not gluten-free, this recipe can be served with regular bread.