In this recipe:
Linguine (6 Pack)
$35.99 CADViEW PRODUCT
Chickapea Pad Thai
This recipe has been an absolute hit with our team and a popular at-home date night meal for Chickapea Founder Shelby Taylor. It takes a little longer than most of our recipes to prepare, but we promise it will be worth it!
Chickapea Pad Thai
- Preparation time: 15 min
- Cooking time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 box of Chickapea Linguine
- 1 block firm tofu, cubed (approx 450g)
- 1/2 cup sesame oil for frying
- ½ cup tamari or gluten-free soy sauce
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp tamarind paste
- ½ cup gluten-free and vegan Worcestershire sauce (we recommend The Wizard’s Sauces Organic Vegetarian Worcestershire Sauce)
- 1 red hot chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 spring onions, bottom root trimmed
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 cups of bean sprouts
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
- 4 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1\8 tsp Salt
- Cut the tofu in small cubes and fry in sesame oil over medium heat for 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Set tofu aside on paper towel.
- Mix the tamari, rice vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, tamarind paste, red hot chili, garlic and a pinch of salt in a medium saucepan. Bring the sauce to a light boil over medium-high heat, mixing continuously. Boil for 30 seconds then change the temperature to simmer until the sauce is reduced to a glaze, roughly 30-40 minutes.
- In a large pot, bring 16 cups of water with 1 tablespoon of salt to a boil. Cook Chickapea Linguine according to cooking instructions, until pasta is al dente. Drain and rinse the pasta and set aside.
- In a large pan, mix the pasta with the fried tofu cubes, veggies, reduced sauce, bean sprouts and 3/4 of the peanuts and cilantro. Sauté carefully without overcooking until heated through for roughly 4-5 minutes
- Garnish with remaining cilantro, peanuts, spring onion and lime slices.